About- George Birdsall
He bought his first investment property at age 19, while still at university full time and without a regular income.
This property just required the basics of a new coat of paint and new carpets and he was on his property journey.
Having completed his civil engineering degree, he decided he needed to learn some of the practical aspects of renovating.
He sold the first property and bought a run down terrace house close to the city of Sydney. When I say run down, imagine this – it was painted sky blue inside and out, was divided into 3 flats and had not had any building work done on it for a very long time. A perfect way for a newly graduated engineer with no spare capital to gets his hands dirty.
After 3 years of speed learning things like what is the difference between a storm water and sewer pipe and carrying out every task known in building except electrical and rendering work, George had graduated to a reasonably qualified home renovator and builder.
Professionally he had given up the civil engineering business and moved to work for a commercial building business which specialised in building shopping malls and supermarkets.
As the years went by he moved from
- helping Project Managers with their projects
- Project Managing the entire design and then construction process of multi million dollar projects
- Working as the Managing Director of the subsidiary Stock Exchange Listed Building Company at age 33
- Growing that business from 10 staff and $5m turnover to 100 staff and $40m turnover in less than 2 years.
- starting his own successful construction business specialising in the building refurbishment and office fitout market and later new construction
- taking a sabbatical to learn something new – firstly land subdivision and then teaching and consulting on the Practical application of Feng Shui principles which included writing and publishing a book which has sold 50,000 copies and is published in 8 languages
- At 60 he now provides Project Management and Client Advisory Services to a range of clients from small individual businesses to multi national corporations (www.projectmanagementsydney.com )
During the past 40 years Georges personal projects have included the renovation 7 homes, investment properties and his Sydney office.
There is very little that George has not done in the building and construction industry and he wants to use his experience to help you renovate or build your new home or business premises more easily. He recommends you always start with a renovation plan outlining what you want in your project. This is also called your “project brief”.
If you think George may be able to help you with a renovation plan for your new project just fill in the form below with basic details of your project and he will contact you with details as to how he might be of assistance.
George also submits regular articles to ezine articles and has expert author status with this organisation